Search This Site

Friday, April 23, 2010

Post # 102 - Guest Post from Vikki: Parts Geeks Screw the Pooch

Today, a friend came to me with a letter.  She's got a hoist potato on her hands, waiting on a part that she ordered from partsgeek.com.  They messed up.  I couldn't have done any better than what she did below. 


I laughed at the statement that "I probably know nothing toward the value of customer satisfaction". Vikki's a quality engineer. Anyone who has worked in this role (as I have in the past) knows that quality engineers eat, drink and breathe customer satisfaction. Great job Vikki!

Vikki has a great blog, Aphonic Reverie, which you can read here.  It's also linked on my site.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Re: Tracking Information for Invoice# 11-1166573 RMA Needed
Friday, April 23, 2010 9:28 AM
To: sales@partsgeek.com

Dear Sir or Madam:

The part I received is not the Wheel Hub Assembly for a 2006 H3. It is a four bolt hub assembly and the vehicle is made with a three bolt hub assembly. I need an RMA immediately and a shipping account to which the return can be made as I do not feel I should pay shipping to return it when I already paid expedited freight to get it here and it was the wrong assembly.

When validated against the OEM parts catalog it is indeed your website has the wrong part listed for the vehicle.

Please respond as soon as possible as I have nearly $300.00 tied up in this and still have to purchase the correct assembly from a dealer as I already have the vehicle in a state of disassembly.

Thank you,

Vikki
-----------------------------------------
Return Authorization for Invoice# 11-1166573
Friday, April 23, 2010 10:55 AM
From: "sales@partsgeek.com" sales@partsgeek.com

Dear Victoria,

This E-mail is to inform you that you will receive your Return Information e-mail in 2-3 business days.

If you do not receive your Return Information E-mail within 3 business days, please contact us and we will send you a copy immediately.

As always, we thank you for choosing us for your automotive needs and want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Please feel free to contact us with any concerns or comments.

Customer Service
1-800-541-9352
----------------------------
Follow-up note, sent 4/23/2010:

Dear Parts Geek Customer Service:

I find it utmost upsetting that when ordering a part from your site that it takes only about 2.5 seconds for you to charge my credit card for my order, however when requesting an RMA I get an automated response that says I will get a RMA response in 2-3 business days.

Even the part I ordered (albeit the wrong one) arrived at my door step in 1 business day. Maybe Parts Geek should considering having an “order an RMA” option on your site so I could get it as quickly.

I also wonder if I don’t receive RMA in the 2-3 business day time frame, what is your back up system is that would send it immediately? It seems to me the immediate system would be the primarily appreciated system of your customer base, but I suppose I know nothing of value toward customer satisfaction.

I suppose it would be fine to wait on the RMA response if you could magically make the correct part appear and assemble itself into my already disassembled car. However; since you cannot oblige such a request, I guess I would just expect the courtesy of:

A) Actually sending me the RMA when you generate your automated email. It really can’t be that hard to add an automated return to number to the automated return email.

~or~

B) Sending me the correct part with a credit pending return of the wrong part. After all, I don’t have a vehicle I can put this on so I will be returning it for credit and you do have my credit card numbers if for some reason I would fail to follow through on my obligation.

For future automated email on RMA requests, I would also suggest you remove the 100% satisfaction statement. If I’m requesting an RMA chances are I’ve already found you missed that target; you’re just digging into an already oozing wound.

Based on your lack of expedient response tools, I can only suppose I’ll wait 2-3 weeks on a card credit and probably won’t get reimbursed for my initial shipping cost or the return costs.

Congratulations on making sure I never return for another purchase.

Sincerely,

Vikki

---------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment